For over 100 years, a stately elm tree graced the premises of both The Abbott House and the current clubhouse. Dating back to 1842, it survived the fire, the construction of the present building but, to our dismay, it was cut down by order of The City of Montreal on October 13rd at 2:07pm to make way for a wider Sherbrooke Street sidewalk.

> <